SweetFactory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the IMO: World of Magic guild, SweetFactory

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Tutorial for IMO

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GeorgeJQ

GeorgeJQ

General Tutorial for IMO Empty
PostSubject: General Tutorial for IMO   General Tutorial for IMO Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 5:14 pm

Sorry for the bad formatting... im to lazy for do everything again...
Original: http://wp.me/pM6Cr-7W

So, I decided to write a tutorial for this game, since lots of people are asking the same questions over and over again.

So, when you start the game, create an account, blah blah blah, I’m sure you know how to do all that stuff already.

After you start and account, you can choose from 3 servers to play on. Keep in mind that you cannot transfer characters between servers, so whichever server you choose you stick to. However, if you decide for some reason that you want to play on a different server, you can create more characters on the other server. Also, you will be able to choose a faction- Lanos (good side) or Siras (bad side). Whichever faction you choose will stay constant for all characters on that server.

When you create your character, you can choose your in game name, your hair colour, gender, and other physical features. You are also allowed to choose between 3 classes – a warrior, ranger, or mage. Each class has its distinct advantages and disadvantages. The warrior has tons of health points (HP), while having mediocre attacks. The mage, on the other hand has a very low amount of HP, making up for it with healing, and protection spells, and strong attacks. However, once a mage runs out of MP, they’re probably doomed and have to run away from battle to regenerate. Finally, the ranger has a decent amount of HP, and attacks very quickly, with skills that hit the target in rapid succession, and can also cause status ailments.

After choosing you class and physical features, you will be able to add stat points. This is the one and only time you will be able to add stat points. For warriors, invest your stat points in STR and CON. For rangers, allocate your points towards DEX and CON, and for mages, max out both INT and WIS.

After you use all your stat points and finally finish creating your character, you will start the game in your respective villages depending on which faction you are in. You can tell which faction people are in by the little icon beside their name. If they have a blue arrow, they are in Lanos. If they have a gold arrow, they are in Siras. If you chose Lanos as your faction, you will start of in Woody-Weedy Village; if you chose Siras as your faction, you will start of in Woody-Wordy Village. Both villages are the same, and even look the same (except for some of the NPCs). From here, you can go off and start your adventure in IMO!
Skill Points

Skill points are used to upgrade and gain new skills in the game. Skills are essential to your survival in IMO, as in all other RPGs. Depending on your class, you will have a set of skills. You will unlock new skills every 5 or so levels. At level one, you will not be able to use any skills. Once you become level 2 however, you will be given 1 skill point. One skill point is granted every time you level. Using this skill point, you can upgrade or gain new skills. However, you also need skill books to upgrade you skills. Every time you want to upgrade a skill, you will need to read the corresponding skill book. For example, you may have seen many people selling the item [Flame Shock Vol. III]. This item is the 3rd skill book for the mage skill Flame Shock. By “reading” this book, your character will increase the max level for the skill. So, by reading Flame Shock Vol. III, you will unlock the 3rd level of Flame Shock, and then be able to put a skill point towards it. When you start off the game, you are given the first skill book for your most basic skill. The level requirement for this book will be level 2, since you won’t have any skill points at level 1. You can only use the skill when you have put it on a quick slot- one of the five circles around the attack and pickup button. To put a skill in a quick slot, simply drag the skill into one of the five circles at the bottom of the screen in the skills menu. You have 4 sections of quick slots, that can be changed by swiping the quick slots. You can also put consumables into these slots.
Training

So, if you actually read all that stuff about skill points, you probably can’t wait to figure out how to level up. If you can’t figure out how to level or hunt monsters, you probably shouldn’t be playing this game. I will list good training places for certain levels. I will continually update this list, as I haven’t gotten to the max level yet. If the monster names are green, that means they won’t attack you if you don’t attack them. If they’re red, then they’ll attack when they see you.

Level 1-4: Koii & The Bush Monsters(I don’t know what they’re called… I think its koii. They’re the fat pink things that look like jiggly puff from Pokemon): These are located right outside town, in either Woody-Weedy Forest or Woody-Wordy Forest depending on your faction.

Level 3-6: Leaf Boars and Angry Leaf Boars: These are at the southern (bottom) part of the Woody forests. They’re a lot faster and stronger than the Koii, so be careful. Also, be sure to run away if you see a Bulldozer (green boar with pink stuff), and definitely if you see Bulldozer’s Brother or whatever it’s called (a blue boar). You may be able to kill Bulldozer Jr., also a green boar, and probably should since they give a nice Canine Tooth ring that gives ~5 HP when equipped.

Level 7-8: Swamp Mushrooms and Swamp Boars: Swamp Mushrooms are pretty fast, and give some pretty nice drops such as Vol. III Skill Books, and Treasure Boxes. They’re found at the northern part of Mushroom Marshland. Swamp Boars are a level higher than Mushrooms, and are located at the center of the Marshland. Be warned- leveling from 7 to 8 is painstakingly slow.

Level 8-10: Spiders: Spiders do lots of damage, but are pretty good for leveling from 8 to 9, and give some good drops for trading quests such as damaged pamphlets and old feathers.

Level 9-11: Crabs: Crabs are good for leveling from 9 to 11. They give nice equips, but have low drop rates (I got level 12 mittens, with 2 defense and 9 HP). They also drop pirate coins, which can be traded in for EXP. Watch out for woopa and roopa (fish) when hunting these.

Level 10-12: Sandmen: Sandmen are good experience from level 11 to 12, and are a bit hard to fight when you are level 10. They drop pirate coins, and occasionally Mystic Gems and Red Coral.

Level 13-15: Roopa and Woopa: Roopa and Woopa are the hardest unnamed monsters on the beginner’s island (yes, the place you start of in is only a small portion of the world). These fish are hard, fast, and worst of all, can attack in huge groups (I got raped by around 15 at once).

Level 15+: Here, you should now go to the mainland, and train on the monsters in the first map there. They’re some sort of bull or hog or boar or dog kinda things I think. To get to mainland, go to Wingfril Island Beach, and on the west side, there are two boats you can take for 5000G- one for Lanos and one for Siras. I know the mainland is split into two parts, one for Lanos and one for Siras, and the two boats will take you to your respective side. Also, the town there is HUGE.
Battlefield & PvP

Battlefield & PvP- one of the main reasons I play this game. If you have played MMORPGs before, you probably know that PvP is the funnest part of the game, where you get to obliterate you friends and even better, your enemies. If this is your first MMO, battlefield and PvP is where you can kill other player, instead of monsters. In IMO, there are 3 PvP areas on the starting island- the Battlefield, permanent battlefield, and the PvP beach.

The PvP Battlefield happens every 2 hours, and is an organized battle between the two factions. When the time comes, a server wide announcement notifies everyone that “we are now taking reservations for the battlefield”. When you see this, go talk to the battlefield manager. There is one in each town, near the trader, and one in the PvP beach, where the two boats for mainland are. Select “Do Join”, and a spot will be reserved for you. Sometimes, this message can be deceiving, as all people who select this are given the message that a place has been reserved for them, when in reality on 20 people actually are selected. After a spot has been reserved for you, you will be automatically teleported to the battlefield when the battle starts. When you arrive at the battlefield, walk towards the blue circle, and you will be warped to some place. Follow the main stream of people, and you will end up in the field. From there, just kill everything.

The permanent battlefield is like the same thing as the one above, but is permanent. However, no one ever goes there.

The PvP beach is an ideal place to train from level 10 to 15, but watch out for people from the other faction. Here, you can attack people from the other faction, and they can attack you. Most of the time, if you leave them alone, they’ll leave you alone too. But sometimes, there’s some arseholes who roam in groups and gang bang you while you least expect it. You can’t say that what they’re doing is wrong though… after all it is a PvP field.
Exchange Quests

Often, I hear many people asking, “What do I do with this and that?” There are many drops that you get from monsters that can be exchanged for items or exp in repeatable quests.

Pirate Coins -> EXP at the respawn area of the PvP beach

Sparkling Dongyru -> Potions at the guy beside the tree in each Woody forest

Small Coral -> Red Coral/Coral Equips at the girl near the bottom right of the PvP beach

Damaged Pamphlets -> Return Scrolls/Weapon Upgrade Scrolls/Armour Upgrade Scrolls at Professor Kulin

Old Feathers -> Return Scrolls/Weapon Upgrade Scrolls/Armour Upgrade Scrolls at Professor Kulin

If I missed anything, which I’m pretty sure I did, please don’t hesitate to let me know.
Premium & IAP Items

So, Com2uS has decided to follow the freemium model for IMO, where the game/app is free, but you have to pay for in-app purchases to unlock the full goodness. In IMO, you can enjoy the game fully without spending a single cent, as long as you don’t mind some advertisements and don’t use the traders. In-App Store items can only be purchased with real cash, but you can buy them from a player who have paid for them, if it’s not soulbound. Here is a list of all the IAPs and what they do:

-Starter’s pack ($2.99):
Ticket: Premium member (Your character will be permitted to deal with all the traders and no ads in game)
Mushroom Bag: 7-slots bag.
Phoenix’s Heart x3: Resurrect your char on spot.
Friend Summon Scroll x3: Allows you to summon a friend.
Wingfril’s Echo x3: Allows you to shout out all regions.
Costume Box: Starter x1 – Summon Random Costume Hat (1 armor, soulbound)

-Phoenix’s Heart ($0.99)

-Friend Summon Scroll ($0.99)

-Wingfril’s Echo ($0.99)

-Ticket: Trader Expand1 ($0.99): The character will permanently have its trade slots expanded from 5 to 10.

-Ticket: Trader Expand2 ($0.99): The character will permanently have its trade slots expanded from 10 to 15.

-Holy Water ($0.99): It will act as an insurance, even if you fail at enchanting your weapon or armor, it won’t evaporate (Destroy).

FAQ

Q: Where is the evidence to find the missing adventurer?

A: It is on the far east side of the Marshland. If you look on the map, it is located between the two lines of words marking the entrance to the Island with the Lighthouse. Also, it’s an NPC you talk to called “Red Skirt” or something.

Q: Where are the people I have to talk to in town to find the missing adventurers?

A: One is on the left side of town, near Reader Jal (some guy with Jeans). The other is an old man. Go to the right side of town, then go up, and you will see an old man. The last person is a girl, also on the right side of town, near the bottom.

Q: “How to play this game?”

A: No comment…

Q: “How can you play this game on an iPod with that little white wheel?”

A: No comment again…

If you have any suggestions or anything you think should be added on, don’t hesitate to contact me!

Last edited by GeorgeJQ on Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://ijailbreakdiy.wordpress.com/
ChocoVanilla
Admin
ChocoVanilla

PostSubject: Re: General Tutorial for IMO   General Tutorial for IMO Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 7:01 pm

Great guide George!

The only thing I would add is that from levels one through four it is a good idea to kill the bush monsters as well, as they are 2 levels above the pink balloon things (not good with mob names Razz) and are really easy to kill.
Back to top Go down
https://sweetfactoryimo.forumotion.com
GeorgeJQ

GeorgeJQ

PostSubject: Re: General Tutorial for IMO   General Tutorial for IMO Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 7:53 pm

oh yea i forgot about them lol
Back to top Go down
http://ijailbreakdiy.wordpress.com/
xMindFreaK

PostSubject: Re: General Tutorial for IMO   General Tutorial for IMO Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 4:03 pm

Nice Tutorial GeorgeJQ.
Back to top Go down
xMindFreaK

PostSubject: Re: General Tutorial for IMO   General Tutorial for IMO Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 4:04 pm

Do you mind posting this on the Reborn website Geroge? imo.gheroworld.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Tutorial for IMO   General Tutorial for IMO Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Tutorial for IMO
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SweetFactory :: General :: General-
Jump to: