SweetFactory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the IMO: World of Magic guild, SweetFactory

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GeorgeJQ

GeorgeJQ

Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends? Empty
PostSubject: Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends?   Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 2:52 pm

For many of you TA members, I'm sure you've noticed the new and upcoming game Pocket Legends, a free 3D MMO for the iPhone/iPod/iPad. While the iPad version has been released, the iPhone/iPod version is still in review with Apple. I don't know if there will be guilds in this game, but if there is, we should establish a name for our guild in this game also.

And if you haven't heard of this game, here's the link to the TA page:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=50701
Back to top Go down
http://ijailbreakdiy.wordpress.com/
Ray

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends?   Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 3:42 pm

I see where you are coming from but I don't think this is such a good idea. I'd much prefer keeping the two games seperate. I really can't put a finger on it but I just don't see it going down too well. It also means double the workload looking after two guilds in two different games, trying to help fulfil the need of the guild members. When we are on one game, the other guild suffers.

Let's just keep it stictly IMO and focus on that Smile
Back to top Go down
Xel

Xel

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends?   Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 4:32 pm

Ray wrote:
I see where you are coming from but I don't think this is such a good idea. I'd much prefer keeping the two games seperate. I really can't put a finger on it but I just don't see it going down too well. It also means double the workload looking after two guilds in two different games, trying to help fulfil the need of the guild members. When we are on one game, the other guild suffers.

Let's just keep it stictly IMO and focus on that Smile

You speak the truth. However it seems likely that PL for the iPhone/iPod touch will come out before IMO will so I don't see why not just play PL for a bit together as a guild until IMO comes out.
Back to top Go down
GeorgeJQ

GeorgeJQ

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends?   Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 4:33 pm

mabye we can have some mods specially for PL and other specially for IMO. if they prefer one game over the other. or maybe mods can take shifts or something lol
Back to top Go down
Xel

Xel

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends?   Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 4:41 pm

GeorgeJQ wrote:
mabye we can have some mods specially for PL and other specially for IMO. if they prefer one game over the other. or maybe mods can take shifts or something lol

Well it doesn't sound like a bad idea but I still have to go with ray, at least for now. If this guild ever takes off and we get more populated, it may be possible.
Back to top Go down
ChocoVanilla
Admin
ChocoVanilla

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends?   Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 5:14 pm

I have no real problems with this, as by the time guild functions/features come out for Pocket Legends IMO would have been out for a really long time. We can decide if everything works out through a little bit of trial and error.
Back to top Go down
https://sweetfactoryimo.forumotion.com
Ray

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends?   Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 6:25 pm

GeorgeJQ wrote:

I also thought about this but even this alone can cause problems. So let's say we have different admins for IMO and different admins for PL. Obviously, the admins of IMO will most likely concentrate on IMO as their main game, whilst if you're an admin of PL, then PL becomes your vocal point.

So let's say there is an important guild war in IMO coming up, and the admins of IMO would want everyone there and prepared. But the admins of PL who are in the IMO guild can't make it because they've got something important to do in PL. What then? Basically, what I'm trying to say is, the admins of one game will be members in the other game, but when you're playing two games, one game takes priority over the other. EVEN MORE SO when you're an admin of the guild. So guild member slots can also be wasted on players who are "admin'ing" the guild in the other game.

This guild was made to pursue IMO and for these reasons, I highly suggest we concentrate on one game. I don't know if you've ever officered a guild before but seriously, one guild is enough problems. Tackling two guild's worth of community problems would just get in the way of our target of becoming the best on IMO.

Also, I see PL as a pick-and-play dungeon crawl. It's basically a game I want to relax in, go to town, meet some people and make a party. Then, explore the dungeons and kill bosses. In IMO, is a little more serious, since there's an overworld to explore, guilds to PVP against and hardcore levelling to be done Smile
Back to top Go down
ChocoVanilla
Admin
ChocoVanilla

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends?   Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 6:29 pm

Ray wrote:
GeorgeJQ wrote:

I also thought about this but even this alone can cause problems. So let's say we have different admins for IMO and different admins for PL. Obviously, the admins of IMO will most likely concentrate on IMO as their main game, whilst if you're an admin of PL, then PL becomes your vocal point.

So let's say there is an important guild war in IMO coming up, and the admins of IMO would want everyone there and prepared. But the admins of PL who are in the IMO guild can't make it because they've got something important to do in PL. What then? Basically, what I'm trying to say is, the admins of one game will be members in the other game, but when you're playing two games, one game takes priority over the other. EVEN MORE SO when you're an admin of the guild. So guild member slots can also be wasted on players who are "admin'ing" the guild in the other game.

This guild was made to pursue IMO and for these reasons, I highly suggest we concentrate on one game. I don't know if you've ever officered a guild before but seriously, one guild is enough problems. Tackling two guild's worth of community problems would just get in the way of our target of becoming the best on IMO.

Also, I see PL as a pick-and-play dungeon crawl. It's basically a game I want to relax in, go to town, meet some people and make a party. Then, explore the dungeons and kill bosses. In IMO, is a little more serious, since there's an overworld to explore, guilds to PVP against and hardcore levelling to be done Smile

Couldn't have explained it better myself. Like I said before, this IMO guild will be the basis, not necessarily the test run, for possible future guilds in other games. For the time being, as none of the two games stated above have been released yet, it would be nice if we could concentrate on the main subject of discussion......IMO. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ray

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends?   Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 6:32 pm

Of course, that's not to say, I won't play PL with you guys! PL does look like a sweet game and I'd be more then happy to get a few hours in.
But when it comes to SweetFactory, it should be aaalllll IMO-times Razz
Back to top Go down
Xel

Xel

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends?   Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 6:38 pm

Rofl. Funny that you guys are emphasizing to stay on IMO-related discussions in a OFF-TOPIC board.

However, nice explanation Ray. You are quite capable of being a mod. ^_^
Back to top Go down
ChocoVanilla
Admin
ChocoVanilla

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends?   Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 6:39 pm

Lol...or a very eloquent public speaker. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Xel

Xel

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends?   Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 6:45 pm

Haha indeed. I used to make a lot of speeches like this for monster hunter and phantasy star discussions on gamefaqs/gamespot forums. It's fun. Very Happy

IMO, IMO (See what I did there?) is probably going to prevail PL in terms of gameplay overall. You can't beat faction wars, pvp, an ACTUAL MMO, and endless hours of intense party grinding in one sitting.
Back to top Go down
Ray

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends?   Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 6:45 pm

Haha, thanks. I'm hoping we can together, take SweetFactory to town, show IMO what we're all about.
And there's no doubt in mind, we will. I'm curious to know if anyone else is planning guilds similarly as we are.
Beta testers, maybe?
Back to top Go down
Xel

Xel

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends?   Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 6:53 pm

Ray wrote:
Haha, thanks. I'm hoping we can together, take SweetFactory to town, show IMO what we're all about.
And there's no doubt in mind, we will. I'm curious to know if anyone else is planning guilds similarly as we are.
Beta testers, maybe?

It's possible but usually they would gather on the topic we gathered on. Oh well. I like to think that we were the first to do this. :p
Back to top Go down
ChocoVanilla
Admin
ChocoVanilla

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends?   Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 9:21 pm

In beta we were gonna make a Beta-only guild once the game got up, but things quickly got out of hand when we realized that the original 30 testing member limit that Com2Us was supposed to have selected from escalated into a hundred and twenty some-odd people. You just can't fit all of that into a guild, besides the fact that most of us didn't know who the others were and that we were mostly all from different time zones and therefore were always on on different times.
Back to top Go down
crimes

crimes

PostSubject: ive got a plan   Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:05 pm

Well what we or you could do is create multiple guilds? but use the same name but add a number onto the end of each one so we can have a huge guild? it may just work Smile but all you need is a mod or someone to run each guild so you cant keep track of everything! Smile
Back to top Go down
GeorgeJQ

GeorgeJQ

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends?   Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:37 pm

so how would we get this guild going in the actual game?
im guessing we're gonna have a guild officer or admin stay in one spot to meet members and recruit them?

edit: so PL came out - ive been playing it for about an hour now. im a lvl 9 archer
add me if you play - GeorgeJQ

there is no guild system, and its a pick up and play game.
there is no big overworld kinda map thing, its basically a dungeon crawler except online
Back to top Go down
crimes

crimes

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends?   Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 4:04 pm

ill add you in a sec if you want to play? Smile
yeah its kynda stupid because you can upgrade armor on the spot! :O
no going to a shop or anything
Back to top Go down
GeorgeJQ

GeorgeJQ

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends?   Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 4:09 pm

yea it is kinda weird cuz u see like half the party standing there in the shops and stuff while ur getting pwned. i stopped playing for the moment cuz i just remembered i have a science fair in 2 weeks o_o. i gotta get started
Back to top Go down
crimes

crimes

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends?   Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 4:14 pm

LOL unlucky!

Yeah its quite funny seeing that! Razz
btw what class are you?
im a level 8 enchantress
Back to top Go down
GeorgeJQ

GeorgeJQ

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends?   Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 4:15 pm

im a lvl 9 archer Smile
Back to top Go down
crimes

crimes

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends?   Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 4:18 pm

cool cool Smile
Back to top Go down
Xel

Xel

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends?   Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:02 pm

So I played Pocket Legends. It was fun but the fact that you can only go to one dungeon and be limited at level 13 without paying is a bit absurd. I've lost a bit interest anyways around level 11 because it felt very repetitious going through the same dungeon over and over. And even if I pay $2 for a new dungeon, I'll get bored of that dungeon in the next hour or two. That's not enough content for even $1. What's even worse, is that it's the only thing you can do. Go through dungeons a few times to level up and get more equips, pay $2 and go to the next dungeon, and pay $2 more for the next dungeon. So no pvp, war, quests, exploring, and ACTUAL MMOing. Just a dungeon crawler that forces you to pay $2 every time you want to progress. I wouldn't complain that much if it wasn't for them charging money for every new dungeon. But honestly in my opinion, the game will rip you off in the future, even if all you paid for was just the dungeons.

Hopefully IMO won't be like this. It being free is nice and all but going overload with DLC is not worth it for an Appstore game. Only for a PC game it's worth it. If IMO doesn't make you pay for progressing or at LEAST charges you a LOT less excessively than PL while progressing, then IMO is worth playing. Either way however, at least it's an actual MMO with guilds, pvping, faction wars, questing, and more. Repetition will occur here as well I'm pretty sure, but there's content to go with it. I trust Com2uS that they won't charge us too much to play their game. I understand you need money to run these servers but overcharging isn't going to work.

Now PL isn't totally bad. I did enjoy it. But I refuse to pay $2 for EVERY 1-3 hours of gameplay on an iPhone/iPod Touch app when I could just buy Zenonia 2 for $5 and have about 40+ hours of gameplay depending how hooked on I am (And there's pvp to increase to game length). If anyone enjoyed PL, then good for you. Just realize that if you get sucked into their DLC, your wallet will suffer dearly.

Summary: Overcharging for little paid content on a iPhone/iPod Touch app= a rich boy's game and no one elses. Unless you're a pirate. Arr.
Back to top Go down
GeorgeJQ

GeorgeJQ

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends?   Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:56 pm

wtf it limits you at lvl 13? wow totally deleting it now. thats wayyy stupid

edit: i also noticed that this game is a supreme battery eating monster
Back to top Go down
Xel

Xel

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends?   Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 6:01 pm

Haha it really is. I had it at 100% and as soon as I stopped playing after an hour, the 20% low battery popup came afterwards. I know 3D games can consume the battery but wow, an hour and you're ipod is begging for juice already? Haha.

I wish I could love PL, but I can only assume that they are going to add more dungeons priced at $2 that take 3 hours to max on. I don't believe the game is free at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends?   Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sweet Factory Guild in Pocket Legends?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next